Background and Factors of Origin of Economic Knowledge in Western Ukraine in the second half of XIX – first half of XX centuries
The scientific article is devoted to research of features of economic knowledge in Western Ukraine during the second half of the XIX – first half of the XX century, also summarizes the essence of economic knowledge and the high importance which affects the activity level of investment, entrepreneurial activity, employment, governance, and efficiency etc. The article noted that economic knowledge affects the possibility of personal fulfilment as the economically active member of society. Particular attention is given to determine the characteristics and transformation processes in the second half of the XIX – early XX century in Western Ukraine in the formation, development, and dissemination of economic knowledge among the population. Particular attention is paid to the identification of economic knowledge of business culture, which in turn includes to its structure the need to consider the public interest. Significant values of the revitalization process of the cooperative movement in the territories, forced by the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, including in western Ukraine. The analysis of the institutional framework of economic knowledge in the population allowed to mark a key role in these processes of self-organization of institutions, including the society "Prosvita" and others. Attention is paid to the peculiarities of the functioning of societies and the basic aspects of their activities. It is stated that the main purpose of the society were educational and economic spheres. The paper describes the key achievements of societies in terms of establishment and the commencement of the different organizations as associations and in order to do businesses, cooperatives, educational institutions, professional courses, publishing, the organization of specialized events and more. The results of other institutions, with the specification of their main activities for the development and dissemination of economic knowledge among the population of Western Ukraine, were studied. To form the contemporary economic knowledge to the population some economists, thinkers and their achievements on the benefits of cooperative forms of economic activity were mentioned. Features of economic knowledge in Western Ukraine in the second half of the XIX – early XX century with a focus on national values, self-organization, dissemination of professional schooling which stimulated the development of economic knowledge in Ukraine were proved.
1. Zahlynska, L. V., & Lukomska, O. I. (2014). Ekonomichna osvita v konteksti investytsiinykh protsesiv v haluzi [The economic education in the context of investment process in the area]. Onovlennia zmistu, form ta metodiv navchannia i vykhovannia v zakladakh osvity, 9, 73–76 (in Ukrainian).
2. Tovkanets, H. V. (2014). Pedahohichnyi analiz zavdan vyshchoi ekonomichnoi osvity v Ukraini [Teaching analysis tasks of higher economic education in Ukraine]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Pedahohika. Sotsialna robota, 31, 182–185 (in Ukrainian).
3. Potapiuk, L. M., & Potapiuk, I. P. (2015). Stanovlennia ekonomichnoi osvity na prykladi diialnosti zakhidnoukrainskykh hromad (kinets XIX – pochatok KhKh stolittia) [The formation of economic education on the example of the western Ukrainian communities (end of xix – beginning of xx century)]. Ekonomichnyi forum, 2, 5–12 (in Ukrainian).
4. Vseukrainske tovarystvo «Prosvita» imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. (2017, January 15.). In Wikipedia. Retrieved from https://goo.gl/3QCx5N (in Ukrainian).
5. Levytskyi, K. (1909, February). Pochatky rozvoiu nashykh ekonomichnykh instytutsii: 1890–1900 [Starts flowering of our economic institutions: 1890–1900]. In Pershyi Ukrainskyi prosvitnoekonomichnyi konhres, uladzhenyi tovarystvom “Prosvita”. Lviv: n. d. (in Ukrainian).
6. N. d. (1900). Narodni Ruski tovarystva u Lvovi [People Ruthenian Society in Lviv]. In Iliustrovanyi narodnyi kalendar Tovarystva «Prosvita» na rik 1900 (vol. 23, 1–2, pp. 198–202). Lviv: n. d. (in Ukrainian).
7. Zuliak, I. (2010). Rol “Prosvity” u poshyrenni ekonomichnykh znan u skhidnii Halychyni (kinets KhIKh – pochatok KhKh st.) [The role of "Enlightenment" in the dissemination of economic knowledge in eastern Galicia (late XIX - early XX centuries).]. In Y. Isaievych (Ed.), Ukraina: kulturna spadshchyna, natsionalna svidomist, derzhavnist (vol. 19, pp. 151–159). Lviv: n. d. (in Ukrainian).
8. Franko, I. (1985). Narodna torhivlia [People trade]. In Zibrannia tvoriv Ivana Franka (vol. 44, 2, pp. 284–285). Kyiv: Naukova dumka (in Ukrainian).
9. Myshanych, O. V. (2002). Zhyttia i tvorchist Avhustyna Voloshyna [The life and work of Augustine Voloshin]. Uzhhorod: Zakarpattia (in Ukrainian).
10. Hipters, Z. V. (2008). Rol pedahoha v ekonomichnii pidhotovtsi fakhivtsia na zakhidnoukrainskykh zem-liakh XIX – pershoi polovyny XX stolit. Visnyk Hlukhivskoho natsionalnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni O. Dovzhenka. Seriia: Pedahohichni nauky, 12, 223–228 (in Ukrainian).
11. Pastushenko, N. (2011). Nevycherpne dzherelo pedahohichnoi mudrosti [The inexhaustible source of educational wisdom]. Pedahohichna Dumka, 1, 5–23 (in Ukrainian).
12. Potikha, O. (2011). Osoblyvosti vzaiemyn Ukrainskoho natsionalno-demokratychnoho obiednannia z ekonomichnymy tovarystvamy Zakhidnoi Ukrainy (1930–1935) [Features relations Ukrainian National Democratic Alliance economic societies of Western Ukraine (1930-1935)]. Mandrivets, 5, 54–57 (in Ukrainian).
13. Pynda L. A. (2015). Olesnytskyi Yevhen – providnyk ukrainskoho kooperatyvnoho i khliborobskoho rukhu Halychyny druhoi polovyny XIX – poch. XX st. [Olesnytskyy Eugene – conductor Ukrainian cooperative movement in Galicia and the tillage of the late XIX – early XX century]. Istoriia nauky i biohrafistyka, 4, 1–10 (in Ukrainian).
14. Hipters, Z. V. (2011). Ekonomichna osvita na zakhidnoukrainskykh zemliakh ta yii spodvyzhnyky (XIX – persha polovyna XX stolit) [Economic education at Western and its associates (XIX – early XX centuries)]. Kyiv: UBS NBU (in Ukrainian).
15. Bednarshova, T. (1997). Profesor, doktor, otets Avhustyn Voloshyn – ost. rektor UVU v Prazi [Professor, Doctor, Father Augustine Voloshin - last rector UVU Prague]. Vyzvolnyi shliakh, 5, 27–45 (in Ukrainian).
16. Kachor, A. (1955). Denys Korenets: nacherk yoho zhyttia ta pratsi na tli ukrainskoho fakhovoho shkilnytstva i silsko-hospodarskoi kooperatsii v Zakhidnii Ukraini [Denis Korenets: sketch of his life and work at Ukrainian professional background and schooling of agricultural cooperatives in Western Ukraine]. Winnipeg: Vydannia “Kooperatyvnoi hromady” (in Ukrainian).
17. Lentsyk, V. (1994). Otets kryloshanyn Yuliian Dzerovych: Ostannii holova “Prosvity” [Father Julian kryloshanyn Dzerovych: Last head "Enlightenment"]. Patriar-khat, 9 (in Ukrainian).
18. Koberskyi, K. (1935). Vilne spilchanstvo (kooperatsiia) – shliakh do pidnesennia narodu [Free spilchanstvo (cooperation) - the path to ascension people]. Lviv: Samoosvita (in Ukrainian).
19. Pavlykovskyi, Yu. (1934). Pryroda, meta i svitohliad ukrainskoho kooperatyvnoho rukhu. In Kooperatyvna respublika (vol. 2, pp. 48–56). Lviv: RSUK (in Ukrainian).
20. Danylenko, V. M., & Dobrzhanskyi, O. V. (1996). Akademik Stepan Smal-Stotskyi: Zhyttia i diialnist (1859–1938) [Academician Stepan Smal-Stocki. The life and work (1859-1938)]. Kyiv: Chernivtsi (in Ukrainian).
21. Barna, V., Havlich, I., Holovyn, B., & Pyndus, B. (2008). Khraplyvyi Yevhen Vasylovych [Eugene V. Khraplyva]. In H. Yavorskyi (Ed.), Ternopilskyi entsyklopedychnyi slovnyk (vol. 3, pp. 562–563). Ternopil: Zbruch (in Ukrainian).
22. Chornovol, I. P. (2010). Olesnytskyi Yevhen [Eugene Olesnytskyy]. In V. A. Smolii (Ed.), Entsyklopediia istorii Ukrainy (vol. 7, pp. 581). Kyiv: Nauk. dumka (in Ukrainian).
Metrics powered by PLOS ALM
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2017 M. Holubka
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.