A Case Analysis of the Visibility of Sustainability in a TVE Teacher Training Program: Evidence from the Program Curriculum of an HEI
1. UNESCO. (2007). The UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development: 2005–2014. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0015/001540/154093e.pdf
2. UNESCO. (2006). Framework for the UNDESD. International Implementation Scheme. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0014/001486/148650E.pdf
3. Sack, F. (2016, June). Education for sustainability: examples from a living lab. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305207272_Education_for_sustainability_examples_from_a_living_lab
4. Tierney, A., Tweddell, H., & Willmore, C. (2015). Measuring education for sustainable development. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 16(4), 507–522.
5. Kingston University. (2017). Sustainability governance. Retrieved July 13, 2017, from http://www.kingston.ac.uk/sustainability/governance
6. Elliott, J. A. (2007). Acting sustainably: encouraging and crediting student engagement with sustainable development. Planet, 18, 43–48.
7. Cruickshank, H., & Fenner, R. (2012). Exploring key sustainable development themes through learning activities. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 13(3), 249–262.
8. Blake, J., Jones, P., & Kagawa, F. (2010). Sustainability in the University of Plymouth curricula, as perceived by heads of School. Retrieved from http://uplace.org.uk:8080/dspace/bitstream/handle/10293/1118/Audit_Paper_web_updated_july.pdf?sequence=1
9. Hopkinson, P., Hudges, P., & Layer, G. (2008). Education for sustainable development: using the UNESCO framework to embed ESD in a student learning and living experience. Policy & Practice: A Development Education Review, 6, 17–29.
10. Falkenberg, T., & Babiuk, G. (2014). The status of education for sustainability in initial teacher education programmes: a Canadian case study. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 15(4), 418–430.
11. Brown, M., Sack, F., & Piper Rodd, C. (2013). Student voice in “skills for sustainability”: A missing component from the demand side of Australian Vocational Education and Training. International Journal of Training Research, 11(3), 213–224.
12. Effeney, G., & Davis, J. (2013). Education for sustainability: a case study of pre-service primary teachers’ knowledge and efficacy. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 38(5), 32–46.
13. Fien, J., & Maclean, R. (2000). Teacher Education for Sustainability. II. Two Teacher Education Projects from Asia and the Pacific. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 9(1), 37–48.
14. Fien, J., & Tilbury, D. (1996). Learning for a Sustainable Environment: A New Agenda for Teacher Education. Bangkok: UNESCO.
15. Hezri, A. A., & Nordin Hasan, M. (2006). Towards sustainable development? The evolution of environmental policy in Malaysia. Natural Resources Forum, 30(1), 37–50.
16. Aminrad, Z., Zakariya, S., Hadi, A., & Sakari, M. (2013). Relationship between awareness, knowledge and attitudes towards environmental education among secondary school students in Malaysia. World Applied Sciences Journal, 22(9), 1326–1333.
17. Libunao, W., & Peter, C. (2013, June 4-5). Education for sustainable development practices among polytechnics in Malaysia. Retrieved from https://worldconferences.net/proceedings/icssr2013/toc/155%20-%20Wilfredo%20-%20EDUCATION%20FOR%20SUSTAINABLE%20DEVELOPMENT%20PRACTICES%20AMONG%20POLYTECHNICS%20IN%20MALAYSIA.pdf
18. UNESCO. (1977). Intergovernmental conference on environmental education. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0003/000327/032763eo.pdf
19. UNESCO. (2008). Overcoming inequality: why governance matters. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0017/001776/177683e.pdf
20. UNESCO. (2007, June 11). Planning Meeting of Regional Resource Persons in TVET from South-East Asia and South Asia. Retrieved from http://www.unevoc.unesco.org/print.php?q=Planning+Meeting+of+Regional+Resource+Persons+in+TVET+from+South-East+Asia+and+South+Asia
21. UNESCO. (2009, March 31–April 2). Bonn declaration. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001887/188799e.pdf
22. Gough, A. (2009, October 5–7). Teacher education for sustainable development within TVET: an Australian perspective. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269694327_Teacher_Education_for_Sustainable_Development_within_TVET_An_Australian_Perspective
23. Bowen, G. A. (2009). Document Analysis as a Qualitative Research Method. Qualitative Research Journal, 9(2), 27–40.
24. Ahmed, J. U. (2010). Documentary research method: new dimensions. Indus Journal of Management & Social Sciences, 4(1), 1–14.
25. Gregg, K. (2011). A document analysis of the national association for the education of young children’s developmentally appropriate practice position statement: what does it tell us about supporting children with disabilities? Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood, 12(2), 175–86.
26. Chinedu, C., & Wan Mohamed, W. (2017). A document analysis of the visibility of sustainability in TVE teacher education program: the case of a Malaysian HEI. PERTANIKA. Journal of Social Science and Humanities, 25, 201–216.
27. Arsat, M., Holgaard, J. E., & de Graaff, E. (2011, December 7–8). Three dimensions of characterizing courses for sustainability in engineering education: Models, approaches and orientations. In International Congress on Engineering Education.
28. Lincoln, Y., Guba, E. (1985). Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills: Sage.
29. Thompson, J. (1973). Foundations of vocational education: social and philosophical concepts. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.
30. Federal Republic of Nigeria. (2004). National policy of education (4th ed.). Retrieved from http://wbgfiles.worldbank.org/documents/hdn/ed/saber/supporting_doc/AFR/Nigeria/TCH/National%20Policy%20on%20Education.pdf
31. Winer, R. (1973). Rung by up the health career ladder. American Vocational Journal, 48(7), 18–27.
32. Kennelly, J., Taylor, N., Maxwell, T., & Serow, P. (2012). Education for Sustainability and Pre-Service Teacher Education. Australian Journal of Environmental Education, 28(01), 57–58.
Metrics powered by PLOS ALM
Copyright (c) 2018 Caleb Chidozie Chinedu, Wan Azlinda Wan Mohamed, Abdurrahman Ogbonnia Ajah
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.