Impact of Annealing Thin Films In(OH)xSy Growth By Solution Technique
Indium Hydroxy Sulphide has demonstrated abundance in resources, low prices, nontoxic characteristics, radiation resistance, high temperature resistance, and chemical stability, and therefore it has become an extremely important photoelectric, photovoltaic, and light sensing thin film material. Some treatment on this material include thermal annealing which is a process used for intrinsic stress liberation, structural improving, and surface roughness to control its electro-optical properties. In a qualitative way, annealing modifies surface morphology, intrinsic parameters, and electron mobility with temperature and time. In this work, an explanation on the surface modification of In(OH)xSythin films when subjected to an annealing process is discussed. Both electrical and optical effects caused by annealing were carried out and characterizations were performed at different annealing temperatures in nitrogen in the temperature range 373–573 K. Using optical measurements data and simulated data, Scout software was employed and the results showed that increasing annealing temperature causes a slight decrease in transmittance with a consequence of modifying the energy band gaps values between 2.79–3.32 eV. It was concluded that annealing influence optical transmittance and resistance of the film make the thin films potential for photovoltaic, and light sensing applications.
1. Alonzo-Medina, G. M., González-González, A., Sacedón, J. L., & Oliva, A. I. (2013). Understanding the thermal annealing process on metallic thin films. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 45, 1–6.
2. Ao, Z., Song, G., & Xu, Y. (2017, January). Radiation characteristics of photoconductive antennas based on low-temperature grown GaAs. In International Conference on Optoelectronics and Microelectronics Technology and Application.
3. Chen, J., Ng, J., Lin, Z., & Chan, C. T. (2011). Optical pulling force. Nature photonics, 5, 531-534.
4. Ellis, B., Mayer, M. A., Shambat, G., Sarmiento, T., Harris, J., Haller, E. E., & Vučković, J. (2011). Ultralow-threshold electrically pumped quantum-dot photonic-crystal nanocavity laser. Nature Photonics, 5(5), 297–300.
5. Fan, R., Zhang, P., Shen, H., & Zhai, H. (2017). Out-of-time-order correlation for many-body localization. Science Bulletin, 62(10), 707–711.
6. Ito, S., Tanaka, S., Manabe, K., & Nishino, H. (2014). Effects of surface blocking layer of Sb2S3 on nanocrystalline TiO2 for CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite solar cells. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 118(30), 16995–17000.
7. Jiang, T., Huang, R., & Zhu, Y. (2014). Interfacial sliding and buckling of monolayer graphene on a stretchable substrate. Advanced Functional Materials, 24(3), 396–402.
8. Khorasani, A., Gibson, I., Goldberg, M., & Littlefair, G. (2017). On the role of different annealing heat treatments on mechanical properties and microstructure of selective laser melted and conventional wrought Ti-6Al-4V. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 23(2), 295–304.
9. Lin, Y. H., Lin, S. F., Chi, Y. C., ... & Lin, G. R. (2015). Using n- and p-Type Bi2Te3 Topological Insulator Nanoparticles to Enable Controlled Femtosecond Mode-Locking of Fiber Lasers. ACS Photonics, 2(4), 481–490.
10. Liu, X., Sun, J., Yang, Y., Zhou, F., Pu, Z., Li, L., & Zheng, Y. (2016). Microstructure, mechanical properties, in vitro degradation behavior and hemocompatibility of novel Zn–Mg–Sr alloys as biodegradable metals. Materials Letters, 162, 242–245.
11. Luangchaisri, C., Dumrongrattana, S., & Rakkwamsuk, P. (2012). Effect of heat treatment on electrical properties of fluorine doped tin dioxide films prepared by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis technique. Procedia Engineering, 32, 663–669.
12. Ly, K. T., Chen-Cheng, R. W., Lin, H. W., Shiau, Y. J., Liu, S. H., Chou, P. T., Tsao, C.-S., Huang Y.-C., & Chi, Y. (2017). Near-infrared organic light-emitting diodes with very high external quantum efficiency and radiance. Nature Photonics, 11, 63–68.
13. Mwathe, P., Musembi, R., Munji, M., Nyongesa, F., Odari, B., Njoroge, W., Aduda, B., & Muthoka, B. (2015). Effect of Annealing and Surface Passivation on Doped SnO2 Thin FilmsPrepared by Spray Pyrolysis Technique. Advance in Materials, 4(3), 51–58.
14. Opasanont, B., & Baxter, J. B. (2015). Dynamic Speciation Modeling to Guide Selection of Complexing Agents for Chemical Bath Deposition: Case Study for ZnS Thin Films. Crystal Growth & Design, 15(10), 4893–4900.
15. Rathmell, A. R., Bergin, S. M., Hua, Y. L., Li, Z. Y., & Wiley, B. J. (2010). The growth mechanism of copper nanowires and their properties in flexible, transparent conducting films. Advanced materials, 22(32), 3558–3563.
16. Roetzel, W., Putra, N., & Das, S. K. (2003). Experiment and analysis for non-Fourier conduction in materials with non-homogeneous inner structure. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 42(6), 541–552.
17. Swingle, B., & Chowdhury, D. (2017). Slow scrambling in disordered quantum systems. Physical Review B, 95.
18. Tsujimoto, K., Nguyen, D. C., Ito, S., ... & Tennakone, K. (2012). TiO2 surface treatment effects by Mg2+, Ba2+, and Al3+ on Sb2S3 extremely thin absorber solar cells. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 116(25), 13465–13471.
19. Vliet, D. F., Wang, C., Tripkovic, D., ... & Stamenkovic, V. R. (2012). Mesostructured thin films as electrocatalysts with tunable composition and surface morphology. Nature materials, 11, 1051–1058.
20. Wang, P., Zhang, Y., Ruan, C., Su, L., Cui, H., & William, W. Y. (2017). A Few Key Technologies of Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes for Display. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 23(5), 1–12.
21. Wei, J., Zang, Z., Zhang, Y., Wang, M., Du, J., & Tang, X. (2017). Enhanced performance of light-controlled conductive switching in hybrid cuprous oxide/reduced graphene oxide (Cu2O/rGO) nanocomposites. Optics Letters, 42(5), 911–914.
22. You, Y. Z., Ludwig, A. W., & Xu, C. (2017). Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev model and thermalization on the boundary of many-body localized fermionic symmetry-protected topological states. Physical Review B, 95.
23. Yu, X., Pekker, D., & Clark, B. K. (2017). Finding Matrix Product State Representations of Highly Excited Eigenstates of Many-Body Localized Hamiltonians. Physical Review Letters, 118(1).
24. Zhang, Q., Huang, Y., Xu, L., Cao, J. J., Ho, W., & Lee, S. C. (2016). Visible-Light-Active Plasmonic Ag–SrTiO3 Nanocomposites for the Degradation of NO in Air with High Selectivity. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8(6), 4165–4174.
25. Zhong, M., Hisatomi, T., Kuang, Y., ... & Domen, K. (2015). Surface Modification of CoOx Loaded BiVO4 Photoanodes with Ultrathin p-Type NiO Layers for Improved Solar Water Oxidation. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 137(15), 5053-5060.
Metrics powered by PLOS ALM
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2017 Cliff Orori Mosiori, Robert Magare, Mathew Munji
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.