Comparison of Legal Authority of Notary and Electronic Signature Validity in Indonesia and the United States of America
The purpose of this research is to compare the analysis of the legal authority of a notary in Indonesia with the control of a notary in the United States. This is normative legal research with a statute, conceptual, and historical approach. According to a study, in carrying out their duties and positions, notaries in Indonesia are subject to and obedient to the law, which lies in the enactment for all of Indonesia. In contrast, in the United States, each state has its notary law. The legality of electronic signatures is valid in the eyes of the law when they meet several conditions. Electronic signatures must be certified to guarantee trust for the owner, namely in the form of authentication data. Any signature requirements under the law can be met in the states and territories where ESIGN is valid. In addition, electronic signatures can be presented as evidence and will survive in court as applicable. Uniform Electronic Transactions Act applies in some Indonesian states and territories.
1. Prasetyaningtyas, Y. (2014). Hukum Untuk Orang Awam [Laws for the Layman]. Yogjakarta: Efata Publishing (in Indonesian).
2. Muhaimin. (2020). Metode Penelitian Hukum [Legal Research Methods]. Mataram: Mataram University Press (in Indonesian).
3. Amiruddin, S. H., & Asikin, Z. (2018). Pengantar Metode Penelitian Hukum [Introduction to Legal Research Methods]. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo Persada (in Indonesian).
4. Muhammad, A. K. (2009). Metode Penelitian Hukum [Legal Research Methods]. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo (in Indonesian).
5. Ibrahim, J. (2003). Teori, Metode Hukum Normatif [Theory, Normative Legal Methods]. Malang: Bayu Media Publishing (in Indonesian).
6. Andasasmita, K. (1983). Notaris [Notary]. Selayang: Alumni (in Indonesian).
7. Adjie, H. (2008). Hukum Notaris Indonesia [Indonesian Notary Law]. Bandung: Refika Adhitama (in Indonesian).
8. Budiono, H. (2011). Ajaran Umum Hukum Perjanjian dan Penerapannya di Bidang Kenotariatan [General Principles of the Law of Treaties and its Application in the Field of Kenotariatan]. Bandung: Citra Aditya Bakti (in Indonesian).
9. Budiono, H. (2007). Kumpulan Tulisan Hukum Perdata di Bidang Kenotariatan [Collection of Civil Law Writings in the Field of Kenotariatan]. Bandung: Citra Aditya Bakti (in Indonesian).
10. Tan, T. K. (1994). Studi Notariat dan Serba Serbi Praktek Notaris [Notarial Studies and the Nitty Gritty of Notary Practice]. Jakarta: Ichtiar Baru Van Hoeve (in Indonesian).
11. Raditio, R. (2014), Aspek Hukun Transaksi Elektronik: Perikatan, Pembuktian dan Penyelesaian Sengketa [Legal Aspects of Electronic Transactions: Liability, Evidence and Dispute Resolution]. Yogyakarta: Cipta Bakti (in Indonesian).
Metrics powered by PLOS ALM
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2023 Ni Ketut Indah Primadani, Djumardin, Aris Munandar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.