Student Housing a Resilient Housing Rental Market: Case of Federal Polytechnic Neighbourhood Bauchi, Nigeria
1. Adams, J. (Ed.). (2012). Research methods for graduate business and social science students (8th ed.). Los Angeles: SAGE.
2. Adeleye, O. (2014). An Assessment of Housing Satisfaction among Pre-Degree Students of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. Civil and Environmental Research, 6(8), 169 – 178.
3. Akingbohungbe, D. O., & Akinluyi, M. L. (2012). Residents’ perception of Off-Campus Student Housing performance in Ili-Ife, Nigeria. Journal of Environmental and Earth Science, 2(7), 69–76.
4. Alaka, I. N., Pat-Mbano, E. C. & Ewulum, N. J. (2012). Contributions of Private Hostel Providers to Housing Needs of Imo State University Students, at Ugwuorji-Owerri Nigeria. Canadian Social Science, 8(2), 180-186.
5. Aluko, O. E. (2011). The assessment of housing situation among students in the University of Lagos. African Research Review, 5(3), 104 – 118.
6. Bowden, A., Rivard, N., & Rose, J. (2011). Student Accommodation in Wembley. Retrieved from https://www.brent.gov.uk/media/3501263/W5.1%20Student%20Accommodation%20in%20Wembley%20(small).pdf
7. Creswell, J. W. (2009). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (3rd ed.). Los Angeles: Sage.
8. Donaldson, R., Benn, J., Campbell, M., & De Jager, A. (2014). Reshaping urban space through studentification in two South African urban centres. Urbani Izziv, 25(Supplement), S176–S188.
9. Garg, M., Gupta, K., & Jha, R. (2014). An empirical study on market research of organized students’ housing industry in India. International Journal of ICT and Management, 2(2), 143–154.
10. Garmendia, M., Coronado, J. M., & Urena, J. M. (2011). University Students Sharing Flats: When studentification Becomes Vertical. Urban Studies, 49(12), 2651–2668.
11. Ghani, Z. A., & Sulaiman, N. (2016). Theoretical underpinning for understanding student housing. Journal of Environment and Earth Sciences, 6(1), 163–176.
12. Ghani, Z. A., & Sulaiman, N. (2017). Cash-Cow into the Purse of Malaysian Property Investors: Students Housing Investment. Path of Science, 3(8), 1013–1022.
13. Gopal, P. (2008, March 13). College towns: Still a smart investment. Retrieved from http://www.primepropertyinvestors.com/businessweek.pdf
14. Gray, D. E. (2014). Doing research in the real world (3rd ed.). London: Sage.
15. Hammad, D. B., Musa, J. M., Rishi, A. G., & Ayuba, I. I. (2013). Criteria for the selection of students’ accommodation model in Nigeria tertiary institutions using analytic hierarchy process. Academic Research International, 4(5), 550–556.
16. Hubbard, P. (2009). Geographies of Studentification and Purpose-Built Student Accommodation: Leading Separate Lives? Environment and Planning A, 41(8), 1903–1923.
17. Intelligent Partnership. (n. d.). Student Property: Risks and Reasons to Invest. Retrieved from https://intelligent-partnership.com/research-hub/student-property-risks-reasons-invest
18. Jones Lang LaSalle. (2012). Student housing: a new global asset class. Retrieved from http://www.aninver.com/fotos/file/blog/Global-Student-Housing-Report-November-2012.pdf
19. Jones, H., & Brown, C. (2013, August). Student Housing Demand and Supply: A review of evidence. Retrieved from http://democracy.leeds.gov.uk/documents/s101308/Student%20Housing%20Report%20Appendix%202%20210813.pdf
20. Karpinski, M. (2015, March 13). Student accommodation in Malaysia. Retrieved from https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/study-in-malaysia/student-accommodation/student-accommodation-in-malaysia/
21. Kenna, T. (2011). Studentification in Ireland? Analysing the impact of students and student accommodation on Cork City. Irish Geography, 44(2–3), 191–213.
22. Khozaei, F., Ayub, N., Hassan, A. S., & Khozaei, Z. (2010). The Factors Predicting Students’ Satisfaction with University Hostels, Case Study, Universiti Sains Malaysia. Asian Culture and History, 2(2), 148–158.
23. Lewis, J. (2013). Design Issues. In J. Ritchie, J. Lewis, C. Nicholls & R. Ormston (Eds.), Qualitative research practice: a guide for social science students and researchers (pp. 49–77). Los Angeles: SAGE.
24. Muslim, M. H., Karim, H. A., & Abdullah, I. C. (2012). Challenges of Off-Campus Living Environment for Non-Resident Students’ Well-Being in UiTM Shah Alam. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 50, 875–883.
25. Muslim, M. H., Karim, H. A., & Abdullah, I. C. (2012). Satisfaction of Students’ Living Environment between On-Campus and Off-Campus Settings: A Conceptual Overview. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 68, 601–614.
26. Najib, N. ‘Ulyani M., Yusof, N., & Tabassi, A. A. (2015). Living in On-campus Student Housing: Students’ Behavioural Intentions and Students’ Personal Attainments. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 170, 494–503.
27. Naoum, S. G. (2007). Dissertation research & writing for construction students (3rd ed.). New York: Routledge.
28. Omar, D. B., Abdullah, F., Yusof, F., Hamdan, H., Nasrudin, N., & Abdullah, I. C. (2011). The impacts of off-campus students on local neighbourhood in Malaysia. International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering, 5(10,) 1221–1227.
29. Onwong’a, M. (2012). An assessment of impacts of the growth of hostel accommodation on other land uses: a case study of Ngara west sub-location, Nairobi (Doctoral dissertation, University of Nairobi). Retrieved from http://erepository.uonbi.ac.ke/
30. Pat-Mbano, E. C., Alaka, I. N., & Okeoma, O. I. (2012). Examining the Physio, Psycho and Socio-Economic Implications of Non-Residential Policy on Imo State University Students. Canadian Social Science, 8(2), 170-179.
31. Population Reference Bureau. (2017). 2017 World population data sheet. Retrieved from http://www.prb.org/pdf17/2017_World_Population.pdf
32. Powley, T. (2013, June 3). How to invest in students property. Financial Times. Retrieved from https://www.ft.com/content/45dde256-cc39-11e2-9cf7-00144feab7de
33. Ritchie, J. (2013). The Applications of Qualitative Methods to Social Research. In J. Ritchie, J. Lewis, C. Nicholls & R. Ormston (Eds.), Qualitative research practice: a guide for social science students and researchers (pp. 24–46). Los Angeles: SAGE.
34. Rugg, J., Rhodes, D., & Jones, A. (2000). The nature and impact of student demand on housing markets. York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
35. Rugg, J., Rhodes, D., & Jones, A. (2002). Studying a Niche Market: UK Students and the Private Rented Sector. Housing Studies, 17(2), 289–303.
36. Rutman, S. (2013, March 13). Lesson for investing in student accommodation. Estate Gazette. Retrieved from http://www.traverssmith.com/media/1298904/lessons_for_investing_in_student_accommodation.pdf
37. Savills World Research. (2013, Summer). Spotlight European Student Housing. Retrieved from http://pdf.savills.com/documents/European_Student_Spotlight_2013.pdf
38. Savills World Research. (2014, Summer). Spotlight World Student Housing. Retrieved from http://pdf.euro.savills.co.uk/residential---other/spotlight-world-student-housing-2014.pdf
39. Savills World Research. (2016, October 6). Spotlight World Student Housing. Retrieved from http://pdf.euro.savills.co.uk/global-research/spotlight-world-student-housing-2016-2017.pdf
40. Smith, D. (2012). Studentification: the gentrification factory? Retrieved from https://southwarknotes.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/studentification-darren-smith.pdf
41. Snape, D., & Spencer, L. (2013). The foundations of qualitative research. In J. Ritchie, J. Lewis, C. Nicholls & R. Ormston (Eds.), Qualitative research practice: a guide for social science students and researchers (pp. 5–23). Los Angeles: SAGE.
42. Spieler, A., Ong, S. E., & Petrova, M. (2013). Demand for university student housing: An empirical analysis. Journal of Housing Research, 22(2), 141–164.
43. Stevenson, R., & Askham, P. (2011). Purpose built student accommodation: changing face of student accommodation in Sheffield. Retrieved from http://shura.shu.ac.uk/11860/1/askham.pdf
44. Student House Business. (2017). The top developers in student housing. Retrieved 5 July, 2017, from http://www.studenthousingbusiness.com/
45. Thomsen, J. (2008). Student Housing – Student homes? Aspects of student housing satisfaction (Doctoral thesis). Retrieved from https://brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/bitstream/handle/11250/231116/124643_FULLTEXT02.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
46. Umaru, E., Abdrazack, N., Aiyenjina, W., & Ajagbe, M. (2012). The Impacts of Non-Residential Tertiary Institution on Housing in Lagos: A Case Study of Lagos State University. IRACST – Engineering Science & Technology, 2(4), 592–598.
47. Wes, S. (2017, March 7). Education in Nigeria. Retrieved from https://wenr.wes.org/2017/03/education-in-nigeria
48. Wilson, T. D. (2003). Philosophical foundations and research relevance: issues for information research. Journal of Information Science, 29(6), 445–452.
49. Yusuff, O. S. (2011). Students Access to Housing: A Case of Lagos State University Students – Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Development, 4(2).
50. Zaransky, M. H. (2006). Profit by investing in student housing: Cash in on the campus housing shortage. Chicago: Kalplan Publishing.
Metrics powered by PLOS ALM
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2018 Zubairu Abubakar Ghani, Noralfishah Sulaiman, Mohammed Ishaq Mohammed
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.