A Case Analysis of the Visibility of Sustainability in a TVE Teacher Training Program: Evidence from the Program Curriculum of an HEI
1. UNESCO. (2007). The UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development: 2005–2014. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0015/001540/154093e.pdf
2. UNESCO. (2006). Framework for the UNDESD. International Implementation Scheme. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0014/001486/148650E.pdf
3. Sack, F. (2016, June). Education for sustainability: examples from a living lab. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305207272_Education_for_sustainability_examples_from_a_living_lab
4. Tierney, A., Tweddell, H., & Willmore, C. (2015). Measuring education for sustainable development. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 16(4), 507–522.
5. Kingston University. (2017). Sustainability governance. Retrieved July 13, 2017, from http://www.kingston.ac.uk/sustainability/governance
6. Elliott, J. A. (2007). Acting sustainably: encouraging and crediting student engagement with sustainable development. Planet, 18, 43–48.
7. Cruickshank, H., & Fenner, R. (2012). Exploring key sustainable development themes through learning activities. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 13(3), 249–262.
8. Blake, J., Jones, P., & Kagawa, F. (2010). Sustainability in the University of Plymouth curricula, as perceived by heads of School. Retrieved from http://uplace.org.uk:8080/dspace/bitstream/handle/10293/1118/Audit_Paper_web_updated_july.pdf?sequence=1
9. Hopkinson, P., Hudges, P., & Layer, G. (2008). Education for sustainable development: using the UNESCO framework to embed ESD in a student learning and living experience. Policy & Practice: A Development Education Review, 6, 17–29.
10. Falkenberg, T., & Babiuk, G. (2014). The status of education for sustainability in initial teacher education programmes: a Canadian case study. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 15(4), 418–430.
11. Brown, M., Sack, F., & Piper Rodd, C. (2013). Student voice in “skills for sustainability”: A missing component from the demand side of Australian Vocational Education and Training. International Journal of Training Research, 11(3), 213–224.
12. Effeney, G., & Davis, J. (2013). Education for sustainability: a case study of pre-service primary teachers’ knowledge and efficacy. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 38(5), 32–46.
13. Fien, J., & Maclean, R. (2000). Teacher Education for Sustainability. II. Two Teacher Education Projects from Asia and the Pacific. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 9(1), 37–48.
14. Fien, J., & Tilbury, D. (1996). Learning for a Sustainable Environment: A New Agenda for Teacher Education. Bangkok: UNESCO.
15. Hezri, A. A., & Nordin Hasan, M. (2006). Towards sustainable development? The evolution of environmental policy in Malaysia. Natural Resources Forum, 30(1), 37–50.
16. Aminrad, Z., Zakariya, S., Hadi, A., & Sakari, M. (2013). Relationship between awareness, knowledge and attitudes towards environmental education among secondary school students in Malaysia. World Applied Sciences Journal, 22(9), 1326–1333.
17. Libunao, W., & Peter, C. (2013, June 4-5). Education for sustainable development practices among polytechnics in Malaysia. Retrieved from https://worldconferences.net/proceedings/icssr2013/toc/155%20-%20Wilfredo%20-%20EDUCATION%20FOR%20SUSTAINABLE%20DEVELOPMENT%20PRACTICES%20AMONG%20POLYTECHNICS%20IN%20MALAYSIA.pdf
18. UNESCO. (1977). Intergovernmental conference on environmental education. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0003/000327/032763eo.pdf
19. UNESCO. (2008). Overcoming inequality: why governance matters. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0017/001776/177683e.pdf
20. UNESCO. (2007, June 11). Planning Meeting of Regional Resource Persons in TVET from South-East Asia and South Asia. Retrieved from http://www.unevoc.unesco.org/print.php?q=Planning+Meeting+of+Regional+Resource+Persons+in+TVET+from+South-East+Asia+and+South+Asia
21. UNESCO. (2009, March 31–April 2). Bonn declaration. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001887/188799e.pdf
22. Gough, A. (2009, October 5–7). Teacher education for sustainable development within TVET: an Australian perspective. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269694327_Teacher_Education_for_Sustainable_Development_within_TVET_An_Australian_Perspective
23. Bowen, G. A. (2009). Document Analysis as a Qualitative Research Method. Qualitative Research Journal, 9(2), 27–40.
24. Ahmed, J. U. (2010). Documentary research method: new dimensions. Indus Journal of Management & Social Sciences, 4(1), 1–14.
25. Gregg, K. (2011). A document analysis of the national association for the education of young children’s developmentally appropriate practice position statement: what does it tell us about supporting children with disabilities? Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood, 12(2), 175–86.
26. Chinedu, C., & Wan Mohamed, W. (2017). A document analysis of the visibility of sustainability in TVE teacher education program: the case of a Malaysian HEI. PERTANIKA. Journal of Social Science and Humanities, 25, 201–216.
27. Arsat, M., Holgaard, J. E., & de Graaff, E. (2011, December 7–8). Three dimensions of characterizing courses for sustainability in engineering education: Models, approaches and orientations. In International Congress on Engineering Education.
28. Lincoln, Y., Guba, E. (1985). Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills: Sage.
29. Thompson, J. (1973). Foundations of vocational education: social and philosophical concepts. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.
30. Federal Republic of Nigeria. (2004). National policy of education (4th ed.). Retrieved from http://wbgfiles.worldbank.org/documents/hdn/ed/saber/supporting_doc/AFR/Nigeria/TCH/National%20Policy%20on%20Education.pdf
31. Winer, R. (1973). Rung by up the health career ladder. American Vocational Journal, 48(7), 18–27.
32. Kennelly, J., Taylor, N., Maxwell, T., & Serow, P. (2012). Education for Sustainability and Pre-Service Teacher Education. Australian Journal of Environmental Education, 28(01), 57–58.
Metrics powered by PLOS ALM
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2018 Caleb Chidozie Chinedu, Wan Azlinda Wan Mohamed, Abdurrahman Ogbonnia Ajah
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.